HBB - in every sense a true summer cooler with abundant health benefits, and such an easy job to put it together. No added sugar, no chemicals just pure homemade drink to enjoy :)
Listing down some of the health benefits:
Honey has a history of at least 4000 years in Ayurvedic medicine in India and has been used for and is considered to affect all three of the body’s primitive material imbalances positively. It is also said to be useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.
Basil is native to India and Asia as well as parts of Africa. It helps and is considered to reduce inflammation and swelling. It also has Anti-aging properties & Rich in antioxidants. Basil is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, iron, potassium, and calcium.
Buttermilk helps to calm the stomach after a spicy or heavy meal, Washes down fats, Aids in digestion, A great tool against dehydration.
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt (fresh and not sour)
- 4 cups chilled water
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped few for garnishing
- 3 tbsp honey (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Black salt 2 tsp
- 1 tsp cumin powder
List B - For Tempering / Tadka
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 3 whole red chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- In a jar mix all ingredients from 'list A' to make a buttermilk and keep it aside.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a small pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seed and let it splutter. Now add curry leaves & whole red chili, take off the flame & add this tadka to buttermilk. Mix well.
- Garnish it with basil leaves & serve chill.