Crispy Crunchy Banana Chips
Chips are my weakness, whether its banana, potato or any other, I just love the crunch in it. It's really hard for me to be away from junk food, at the same time can't afford to munch on calories all the time. Hence this quick fix, oil free version of banana chips for those little hunger pangs with tea or coffee :) that also makes it a very healthy snack choice for kids!
Nope, it's not at all time consuming all you need is 5 min and a magical gadget of a kitchen, Microwave. That's all
- 1 plantain aka raw banana
- Salt to taste
- Chat Masala / Red chili powder (Optional if you like to sprinkle it
- Peel and slice the banana. Make sure to have equal thickness that will help to get the evenly crispy chips.
- Rub the salt on banana slices.
- Keep kitchen towel on a microwave proof plate, and arrange banana slices in single layer (as shown in pic below).
- Microwave it for 2 min, turn the side and again microwave it for 1 min, check and do it for 30
more. It should be done. If not then do it for just 15 sec more. Once it cools off becomes more crispy. sec
- Sprinkle with chat masala, red chili powder if desired and enjoy your freshly made oil free banana chips!